Great Job Interview Tips For Success
Job Interview – Tips and Techniques
There are a number of tips and techniques that should be considered when preparing yourself for a job interview.
Naturally, the first step in preparing for a job interview, is knowing that your application for a job was successful and has passed the natural screening process of the company. The second step in securing your job is arranging for a suitable time to meet the potential employer for a job interview.
In this day and age of internet technology, a potential employer can receive your Resume through a number of avenues, such as from an ad that was posted online, a referral from a friend, an employment agency or by simply logging onto the companies website.
A few tips that will assist in a successful Job Interview:
- Prior to the Job Interview, research and review the company. Ascertain their strengths and weaknesses, successes and failures and approach your Job Interview around those key components
- Practice with a friend, family member, wife, husband or partner and answer mock questions, you believe may be asked at the job interview.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your Job Interview. This practice of arriving early shows your potential employer, attributes and characteristics of who you are.
- It goes without saying that you dress appropriately to a Job Interview. This not only demonstrates respect but also sincerity on your behalf for the job you are applying. Depending upon the job you are applying will determine the level of dress and attire that is appropriate.
- Although you have supplied a Resume with your Application, it is a good idea to bring a copy of your resume and any other documentation as required.
- Maintain eye contact and when greeting the employer, use a firm but steady handshake and remember to smile.
- Above all else, listen attentively to the employer and answer all questions directly and without hesitation. The smallest lie or embellishment can come back to haunt you, so although you may be tempted, never, never, never lie.
Reflect how you feel inside with your words and actions and let the true you shine forth and allow the employer to see you for who you really are.
Best of luck in your future endeavours and in your next Job Interview.
To Find A Job Of Your Dreams – follow the link to Our Employment Search Section