An employer is required to:
- Issue payslips to employees
- Keep Time and Wage records
- Keep Leave records
- Exhibit the applicable Award or Enterprise Agreement in the workplace
- Pay wages in full. An employer is not allowed to deduct any money from an employee’s pay unless the employee has agreed in writing or it is required under the law.
- Comply with the regulations defined under the Anti-Discrimination Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
Employers can use these workplace guides to assist in managing their staff and developing good workplace policies.
Employment essentials – quick guide to introducing workplace flexibility (pdf – 1,860kb)
Employment essentials – quick guide to managing performance (pdf – 2,690kb)
Employment essentials – quick guide to managing people (pdf – 1,630kb)
Employment essentials – quick guide to recruitment (pdf – 1,670kb)
Employment essentials – quick guide to workplace policies and procedures (pdf – 2,890kb)